DON'T LET GO

10:45 AM

you hold our whole universe in your hand.
like a pile of fragile petals.
my whole universe.
like a weak and helpless rose.

you could leave at any moment.
you could drop me at any moment.
you could turn your face away at any moment.
you could decide i am worth nothing.
you could decide i am no longer worth loving.
you could decide that all my failure has shattered me beyond repair.
you could break me.
you could unravel me with your very breath.
you could let go.

but you don't.
you don't turn away for even a moment.
your eyes are fixed on me.
your gaze is set on your beloved.

you watch me with delight
as a mother watches her sleeping infant.
you love me with passion
as a groom adores his bride.
you care for me with utter selflessness
as a father who gives up his life for his child.

you still find me worthy.
you value me at an infinite price.
you count me worthy of dying for.
of fighting for.
of waiting for.
of chasing down.
of pursuing.
your relentless pursuit.
your wild love.
your radical passion.

who am i to deserve such love.
my failures mock me.
my shame cripples me.
disgrace hangs over my head with humiliation.

i am not worthy of your love.
i am not worthy of you adoration.
yet still i crave it.
yet still the depths of my soul long for it.
you are my oxygen.
you are my lifeline.
the core of who i am knows i was meant for you.
i was born to be yours.
i exist to be with you.
every breath is a cry for intimacy with you.
every heartbeat longs for the arms of my lover.

you are.
you are my universe.
and i am yours.

and i know i never have to fear 
for your kindness holds me.
you never let go.
you don't let go.
you won't let go

...of me.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. So nice depiction of the special and unique posture of an eternal, infinite and perfect God towards me, an ephemeral being…

    It reminds me of God’s shouting that resounds throughout the centuries through the voice of Isaiah: Behold, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands.... fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand...

    Thanks for sharing it.
    - love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!

    I am my beloved’s and he is mine....

    ReplyDelete
  3. “Walk into the fields and look at the wildflowers. They don’t worry about their life—but have you ever seen color and design quite like them? If God gives such attention to the wildflowers, most of them never even seen, don’t you think he’ll attend to you, take pride in you, do his best for you?" Luke 12:27-28 The Message (MSG)

    ReplyDelete

So what do you think? I love to hear from you!

// become a fan //