// My Thoughts // Living Hope

8:54 AM

Happy Thursday, lovelies! What a beautiful week I've been having...can't put it in words how thankful I am for all of God's undeserved blessings. Apart from daily hours spent practicing away at the piano, sparkling up the house or getting in some much-needed exercise, I've been continuing my Scripture reading. While flipping through my Bible this morning, my heart kept tugging me to go back and read 1 Peter again. And my, I'm so glad I did. 

Without getting too far into the first chapter this verse jumped out at me, "in His great mercy, He has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead" (v. 3)...Living hope. I couldn't get past those two beautiful words. I realized that this hope was something my heart for so long had been craving. This hope is not dead and withering. It is not lifeless, trapped in its present state for an eternity. It's living. Growing, changing, restoring, and encouraging...This hope is given through our living God. 

Something I find so beautiful about the Christian faith is its fullness of life. Breathed into every word, entangled in every praise, Psalm, letter or story- is the promise of life. Jesus is our living hope. He is the way, the truth and the life. I pray that in my personal journey, these will be more than words, but a true reality. How often I sought dead "hopes". Dead dreams. As promising as this world wishes to make its false gold appear, everything apart from God offers only emptiness, disappointment and in the end- death. The exact opposite of the joy we get to experience in the presence of Christ. 

Lamentations 3:22-25 reads, "because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. they are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. the Lord is good to those whose hope is in Him, to those who seek Him." Dear friend, I don't know where you are in your journey. What winding path you may find yourself upon. But may I encourage you to never stop hoping in the Lord. "trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. in all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths." Through many twists and falls along my own journey, I've learned that a life apart from Him is failure. When, like Peter, I take my eyes off Jesus and turn to look at the storm surrounding me, I begin to sink. Oh, how far from perfection I am. How much I have to learn, to grow, to improve...but I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength and hope. 

These were just some of my heart's ramblings this morning...I hope y'all didn't mind me sharing them with you. Hope you'll all have a blessed day, and please do share your thoughts! 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I love reading spiritual articles, so I don't mind at all reading your these last posts. You are motivating me my darling friend. Love you and wishing you a blessed weekend! Liuba x

    ReplyDelete

So what do you think? I love to hear from you!

// become a fan //