Update | My Life

5:39 PM

Hey y'all! How are you all doing? I know it's been a while since we got to chat, so I thought I'd update y'all on how my life is going. Really, nothing totally new. My usual schedule- tons of school, piano practice, occasional performances...but despite the "normal-ness" it seems like life is crazier than ever. I reached that part of life where you are faced with huge decisions and it can get extremely overwhelming at times. 

Quick selfie so y'all can see my face :)
It's hard to believe that in two short years I'll be heading off to college...and it actually gets me really anxious/scared when I think about it. I'm not 100% sure what I want to study, but I know that music is one of my biggest passions and I would love to pursue something in that field. Yet, my career will affect my life forever so I want to make sure I make the right choice, you know? So right now, I know I need a lot of prayer and wisdom so that I will be able to make the right decisions in the upcoming months. I feel that in my own life, my heart seems to tells me "this is right", yet something deep inside doubts. So many questions rise and I begin to wonder if music is even worth it. What if that's just a hobby not a career? What if I'm called to something completely different? What if I'm just wasting my time? 

Yet despite all the anxious questions, I know I am so blessed to have such wonderful support around me. Let me tell y'all. My parents are the best. 

I could not even imagine dealing with my struggles right now without my parents (and my absolutely amazing sister <3). And let me encourage y'all to talk with your parents if you are going through some more challenging times. It seriously helps. They can offer so much wisdom and encouragement and it's so great to know that people are always lifting you up in prayer. With all the decisions right now like which college to go to, which degree to pursue, scholarships to apply for...my parents have been there beside me every step of the way. And I can't thank them enough for everything they are doing and have done for me. 

Anyway, I just felt like sharing some of the things that are going on right now (which by the way, that kinda why I've been slacking of just a *teeny* bit with posting. Sorry!)...If y'all can pray for me, I'd totally appreciate that! I know that best of all, God has my life and my future in His hands so just gotta trust and obey. :)

How's your life going? 

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. ~Proverbs 3:5-6


You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. I will definitely pray for you. There are so many decisions involved in going to college. Whether or not to go, where to go, what to study, etc. Keep in mind that in most cases there are core classes you have to take and you don't actually have to choose a major for the first couple of years. You could also major in music and minor in education ( or the other way around) There are a lot of options, and it can be overwhelming, but I'm sure you'll notice God opening some doors for you in the next couple of years.All the best to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jill! I appreciate your prayers and insight! :)

      Delete
  2. Praying for you as I comment, Ashley! I am just one step behind you and life and I will be facing some of those decisions really soon. It sounds like it can be totally overwhelming sometimes!
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update Ashley! :) It's nice to know what's up in your life. I will be praying for you. It's great you have such loving, supportive parents. Those of us who have them are incredibly blessed; a lot of people don't.
    My physical life and in large part, my thought life has been crazy lately. That verse you posted is one of my favorites for encouragement! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The important thing to remember is that if you're seeking The Lord, you can't make a "wrong" choice (unless it was something directly in opposition to scripture).
    Hang in there! I know it's hard and scary, but you'll be through before ya know it.
    Natasha
    A modest fashion blog: www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello my darling, my little, sweet princess. I am so glad to hear from you and me to be here with you. I am so sad that I had written a very long message to you and my computer stopped at all and the message gone :(( It is too late here (1:40 am) and shortly I will go to sleep as have to get up tom for church :)

    Just want to tell you that you are very brave girl and you always have courage to share here, with us your life, not many of us sharing the real life. Most of us trying to avoid negative part, but you are so pure and sweet that you are not afraid or ashamed of sharing the negative part of your life. I love you so much and will pray for you, my little darling!!!

    God bless you, your sister and your parents. I respect them a lot. Loads of kisses, Liuba x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Liuba! I appreciate your kinds words and all the love you've shown to me!!! Always enjoy hearing from you :))

      Thank you so much also to everyone who's been ecouraging and praying...you are all so sweet and I love you all so much!

      Delete

So what do you think? I love to hear from you!

// become a fan //