Christmas Colors + Food For Thoughts

6:44 PM

Hey y'all! I'm so excited to be back...I have a lot of things to show you all today. First, a fun 'n casual Christmas outfit. With Christmas just around the corner, I am enjoying wearing my Christmas-y clothes and Santa hat. Here's a casual tunic outfit I were today.
 


 
I love this blouse because it is long enough to wear as a tunic. I started wearing a pants a bit more lately because I felt that was more practical for me. Though I have cheated a bit, I'm definitely going to start purposefully checking to make sure what I wear is covering up to my standards. :) It's hard at times, but I know in the end the Lord will be honored and I will cause my own mind and others' minds to stay pure.
 
//outfit details//
Vest: Land's End
Blouse: JCPenny
Under shirt: Macy's
Pants: JCPenny (?)
 
Just for fun, I thought I would share my Santa Clause socks. I am not a huge Santa fan- at all, but at times it is fun to wear silly Christmas socks. After all, this is the only time of the year you can wear them without looking strange.
 
 
Also, just for fun, here are a few picks of my tree and decorations. Cayla and I put up all the decorations on our own this year. (We only needed help to actually put up the tree of course.)
 


This is my favorite globe...

 
Thank you to my sister Cayla for taking all these pictures...she is my #1 photographer. <3
 
Now, I will be introducing something new to Like No Other...this is Food For Thought. Starting now, I will occasionally post images or quotes of some sort to get our minds thinking and looking at the reality of our world and lives. Today, this eye-opening image is something I want everyone to see!
 
 
I really don't think I need to say much more. I just want to reminder everyone (including myself) to pray first, for our amazing soldiers and army. Let us pray that God will protect them and bless them for their heroic acts of sacrifice and service to our country. Also, let us pray that God will give us all the wisdom to value the things that are truly important in life.
 
 
 
 

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Very pretty tunic! :) Your tree looks so cozy and Christmassy, just like your outfit!
    That is definitely thought-provoking. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a Christmas sock fan! That is the only time I will put on a pair of fuzzy Snoopy socks and be proud of it!
    I agree with you. America is so caught up in entertainment, they forget what their countrymen are doing for them.
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice outfit! I especially like the insulated vest--insulated vests are an essential for me in cold weather. Prayers for the soldiers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your outfit. I like all of them. I am thankful you are back. Liuba, x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice festive outfit!
    And your tree is beautiful.
    Thank you for the reminder to pray for our troops, it's bad, but because I don't know anyone in that realm, I often forget to pray for them. They're awesome, and don't get enough prayer.
    Natasha
    A modest fashion blog: www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

So what do you think? I love to hear from you!

// become a fan //