Modest Sunday | Afraid

2:27 PM

Afraid
 
Afraid of losing the memories you spent years to build,
Afraid of change, moving away to an unknown "world",
Afraid of uncontrollable tears thinking of who you were before.
Afraid you are losing the people you love most.

Afraid of the future, what lies ahead,
Afraid of leaving behind places you treasure in your heart,
Afraid of growing up, and leaving behind childhood fun,
Afraid of responsibilities which are quickly piling up.
 
Afraid of traveling, moving through life alone,
Afraid of death, departure from our world we call home,
Afraid of pain, the one thing we can't avoid,
 Afraid of people who harbor evil and hurt.
 
 

Afraid of what our world has become,
 Afraid of ignorance and pride.
Afraid of technology, and how it dominates our earth,
Afraid of silent mouths, who don't know laughter, joy and love.
 
Afraid of anger, how it destroys love.
Afraid of war, hatred and murder,
Afraid of hell, and how powerful the Devil truly is.
Afraid of weaknesses, and how often we fall and trip.
 

Afraid of my own pride, and how much it can hurt.
Afraid of dishonesty, the lies I can blurt.
Afraid of defiance, the ignorance in me.
Afraid of living my life without God. In darkness, away from the Highest One.
 
Afraid of fear, the doubt it can bring.
Afraid for those who do not know- the Son of God, Messiah, King.
Afraid for those who are blinded and lost, who've not put in God their trust.
 
But, in my fear I learn to trust, and realize I am not in charge.
In my fear I learn to bring, all my doubts before the King.
In my fear I learn to bow, and offer everything I am right now.
In my fear I learn to love, just like I have been loved from above.
 
Afraid- by Ashley Bleoaja
 
What are you afraid of? How do you conquer those fears?
 
//outfit details//
Blouse: Macy's
Skirt: Gift
Necklace: Gift
Shoes: Gift
Ring: Icing
 
 
 
 

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. What a lovely poem darling. I love your way of writing, you are very talented. I love your necklace :)

    Much loveeeeeeeeeeee xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Liuba! You always write such sweet comments! <3 <3 <3

      Delete
  2. Beautiful poem-- so touching! I can definitely relate, so glad to have Jesus the Solid Rock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Bethany! I am glad you enjoyed it and was able to touch your heart in some way. Blessings!

      Delete
  3. Very pretty poem! I love your skirt too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great poem Ashley! <3
    I like the little details that are in your oufit, especially the skirt. :)

    ReplyDelete

So what do you think? I love to hear from you!

// become a fan //