Friday Fashion | Shades of Purple + My Forest

2:53 PM

Hey y'all! Wow....weather here in Oregon has been crazy. In the same week, the weather was so cold we had to turn on the heat, now we're back in the 80's! So, I am here to share a fun purple outfit with y'all!

 
 
I really love this skirt. It's really full, easy to wear and has a comfortable length. Since I am home all day, I want to have something that is comfortable for me to move around in. Sometimes when I sit in my chair while doing school, I'll sit in different positions so I don't get stiff. When doing so, I like having a skirt that never goes to high when I'm moving around. This skirt is perfect for that! I got this "skirt" from Gap a long time ago, but I bought it as a dress. Once it got way too small for me to wear, I transformed it into a skirt!
 
As you can see, all my jewelry is gold. I like to coordinate everything so it flows more easily. For example, I might wear all silver jewelry or all pink or like now, gold. I also rarely wear bracelets because they get a tad annoying. I practice the piano every day, my school is online so I do a lot of typing and when I cook, having something metal dangling from my wrist can get in the way. They're totally cute, but not too practical!
 
 //outfit details//
Shirt: WetSeal
Skirt: Gap (Dress, turned into a skirt)
Bracelets: Christmas Gift
Necklace: Gift
Ring: Icing
Shoes: Garage Sale (meToo brand)
Headband: Icing
 
I'd also like to share some pictures of my forest. I love to take walks outside, and enjoy the nature God has created for us. So this last time, I decided to take a camera along and snap some pictures. :)
 






 
I hope you all enjoyed these pictures! Have a blessed rest of your day!
 
"For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him." Colossians 1:16 
 
 
 

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Cute outfit!
    Our weather has been insane as well. Yesterday morning my dad had to start a fire because the house was so cold, but it got back up to the 70's that afternoon!
    Natasha
    A modest fashion blog: www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

  2. Beautiful pictures!!! Those are tall trees! And I *love* your outfit. I have trouble wearing skirts in the winter so I mostly fall back to jeans because of the cold. I can never come up with a skirt outfit past summer. :'(

    I had no idea that you did online school! I did for eighth grade (last year). I didn't particularly; it was a very interesting experience... but a little bit to much for me. Do you like it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Naomi! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me! First off, online school. I love it. God has brought this in my life (along with my sister's) for a very good reason. Before high-school, we both did Abeka Academy for our entire education, again, up until high-school. We felt that we needed real teachers rather than just watching a video all the time, and the Lord led us to this online school. We absolutely adore it. The teachers are wonderful (most of them are Christians), the curriculum is challenging but not *as* wonderful as Abeka since it is not Christian. It also works great with our performing schedule since it is all flexible.
      Now, I think I could give you a few tips for wearing skirts in the winter. Skirts can be challenging to wear during colder weather because, as you said, it gets so insanely cold. So I like to layer. Denim skirts are my favorite and biggest go to. I know you love to shop at thrift stores, and I LOVE to as well. (In fact both of my denim skirts are from thrift stores) Denim is a sturdy material that is easy to wash, travel and move around in. It doesn't have to be your only skirt you wear during the cold, but I recommend have at least one or two in your wardrobe. I like to wear leggings, thick pantyhose or tights under my skirts. They add the warmth of denim pants, and sometimes even more warmth! Attached are some leggings that are very similar to ones I own:
      1. Knit Tights: mine are from JCPenny, but in brown:
      http://www.jcpenney.com/mixit-ribbed-sweater-tights/prod.jump?ppId=pp5004390454&selectedSKUId=12116100117&selectedLotId=1211610&fromBag=true&cm_mmc=ShoppingFeed-_-GooglePLA-_-Tights-_-12116100117&utm_medium=cse&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=tights&utm_content=12116100117&cvosrc=cse.google.12116100117&cvo_cid=43281303218&gclid=CO6_7OXBmcECFQKSfgodebAAjg&kwid=productads-plaid^18283950120-sku^12116100117-adType^PLA-device^c-adid^43281303218
      2. Thick Black Leggings:
      http://www.hm.com/us/product/45294?article=45294-A&cm_mmc=pla-_-us-_-kids_youthgirl_trousers-_-45294&gclid=CJCa3ofCmcECFUxqfgodOIAA6A
      3. And a fun patterned tights:
      http://www.oasap.com/trousers-leggings/3814-chic-stripes-with-snowflake-leggings.html?gclid=CL_DyqDCmcECFQOSfgodvJgAwg

      These all work great for denim skirts, and you are super creative! I know you could find a way for them to work with other skirts as well! :)

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you enjoy online school!

    Thank for the tips for skirts in winter. Last year, I hadn't started my modesty blog and mostly just wore jeans every day. :) But hopefully this year I can get more creative and try some of your ideas.

    Have a great day!
    Naomi Rae

    ReplyDelete

So what do you think? I love to hear from you!

// become a fan //