Summer Maxi #2 | Awkward and Awesome

5:50 PM

Hey y'all! It's turning out to be a maxi summer for me! For some reason, I turn to maxis when I need to whip up a "last minute" outfit. It's also been a while since I got a Awkward and Awesome post up, so I thought I'd get one up here!
 



 Awkward:
  • When you trip on microphone wires on stage during VBS. You know those mini heart attacks?
  • When an adult asks you what grade you're in and then looks at you and says, "Really?! You're extremely tiny. That's weird."
  • Sending a text to a friend then realizing the ridiculous amount of typos you had. You send another text clarifying what you said then blaming it on autocorrect.
  • Having your earphones in and dramatically mouthing the words to your favorite song. After a while you realize how ridiculous you must look to other people; they probably think you're talking to yourself....oh the joy.
  • Speaking Romanian to your sister and then a nearby person asking, "That wasn't some weird type of English, right?"
  • When some of your baking class VBS students ask you what a crumble is. After a while of trying to explain you give up and say, "A pie without a crust". The kids think it's a pie so for the rest of the night, that's what they call it. While explaining the next baking step to a young boy, a 8-year-old girl comes up to you and says, "You know that's not a pie, right? It's a crumble. There's a big difference." You don't have the time to explain the whole story to the young girl so you blush and say "I know, but my group calls it a pie." Uhhhhh...
  • Accidentally inhaling perfume. Accidentally getting lavender essential oil in your eyes. Accidentally choking on yourself while talking to a friend. Accidentally snapping a picture to the wrong person. Accidentally swallowing water down the wrong pipe in public so you're coughing for the next ten minutes. Accidentally tripping over nothing. Accidenta- you get the point.
  • After rehearsing a song, one of the band member laughs and says, "I think I'm going to need some earplugs." *Awkward silence* "It was a joke guys! It was a joke!!!!"
  • Running into someone you haven't met in a while, and not knowing what to say. "Wow! You grew so....uh, tall!"
  • Running around barefoot in your yard and stepping (and getting stung) by a bee on your foot. You look pathetic as you limp back into the house.
 
Awesome:
 
  • Helping out at VBS. I was a leader for the baking class, and had such a blast! Young kids are such a blessing!
  • Buying the shoes I'm wearing in this outfit at Coldwater Creek for two bucks! They were having a closing sale!
  • Ordering more clothing from ThredUP! I bought a new sweater dress! (I know it's summer, but winter will be here before you know it!)
  • The Pandora app's sleep timer. Awesome way to fall asleep!
  • All the yummy stuff I got to make, and eat, at VBS this week! Homemade vanilla ice-cream sandwich cookies, Goliath cookies, pizza, Berry Crisps....
  • Swinging in your hammock on a warm summer day.

//outfit details//
 
Top: ???
Maxi Skirt: Loft
Shoes: Coldwater Creek
Necklace: Gift
Bracelets: Gift
 
 
Have a blessed rest of your day, y'all! I pray that your Sundays will all be blessed by God, and you will be strengthened and inspired in Him!
 
Therefore, with minds that are alert and fully sober, set your hope on the grace to be brought to you when Jesus Christ is revealed at his coming.  As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do;  for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy." 1 Peter 1: 13-16
 
 

 

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I particularly liked your photos with the wooden deer and antlers! Nice setting.

    Homemade ice cream sounds delicious. I've never heard of Goliath cookies before but I'm guessing they must be akin to monster cookies?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are extremely similar to monster cookies, yes! Humongous, sweet and absolutely delicious and very unhealthy. But it is rare when I get such a cookie, so I thoroughly enjoyed it! :)

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I like your outfit Ashley! :D
    I'm glad your VBS went well! It sounds like fun. Even despite the crumble incident. ;)
    Ha, I totally relate to being told "you're so tiny". I've voted twice now, and our poll place is at a local jr. high. I'm 19 and the ladies working the polls thought I was a student both times. You get used to it after a while. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am five foot and thirteen and everybody thinks that i'm ten so I know the feeling. I would also think that somebody would know that Romanian is not some weird type of English!
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete

So what do you think? I love to hear from you!

// become a fan //