Summer Dress | Casual + Comfy

2:41 PM

Hey y'all! I have a batch of cupcakes in the oven, so while they bake I thought I'd pop by and show y'all what I'm wearing on this beautiful summer day! (To explain the cupcakes, I am baking three dozen cupcakes for an archery event I'm attending...it's been a long day.)
 
 

I think one of my favorite things about this dress is how comfortable and cool it is. Because it has that loose, "flowy" nature, it helps me stay cool even when I'm running around the kitchen baking cupcakes. Because this is a spaghetti strap dress (which can tend to be more revealing), I layered it with a thin white shirt. A Half-tee would've worked amazing in a situation like this, but unfortunately I haven't put my hands on one yet. Nevertheless, this was a super comfortable dress that made me feel feminine, cute and most importantly, modest, all in one!
 
//outfit details//
Dress: Macy's
White shirt: JCPenny
Necklace: Gift
Shoes: Garage Sale
 
 
Better go see how those cupcakes are doing! What's your favorite thing to wear when you're trying to stay cool?
 
 

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Awesome dress! Love the colors! The cupcakes sound good...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite grey maxi and a t-shirt are what I love to wear. A lot of people think that maxi skirts and longer skirts are for fall/winter. I wear all my skirts all year round!
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm Hello my lovely doll :) You are a cutie in your this comfy dress, I like how it looks on you :)
    You made me want all your cupcakes! Much love my love and look after yourself xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dress! I really like the longer maxi dresses and skirts, they are my favorites for summer wear! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three dozen cupcakes? That is a long day! ;)
    Lovely dress-looks super light for hot days!
    Natasha
    A modest fashion blog:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

So what do you think? I love to hear from you!

// become a fan //