Let God

10:12 PM

Hey y'all! I felt like I should take a little break from the fashion, and just take some time to share with you some things that have been going on in my personal life. Next month, I will be entering tenth grade (which for me is pretty scary right now..), which means in about three years I'll be heading off to college. These past few days, I've been really thinking what God's purpose for my life really is. What does He want me to pursue? Where does He want to take me?
While scanning through some Christian pictures and quotes, I found this picture below. So simple. So direct. But so true.
 
Source
How many times have we have I tried to take control of my own life? Let me tell you. Tons. And I am not afraid to tell you that every single time I have tried, I ended up in the same spot. Desperate for God. For God's help. His support and love. We all need it. And God wants to give it to us. He wants to help us. He wants us to be close to Him. But there is pretty much only one thing that is stopping Him. Us. Our own pride and desire to "do it on our own" leads us astray. I've had some dark and lonely moments in my life. Moments when I wanted to be like the world. Dress like it, listen to its music, talk like it, watch its movies...but recently I've realized that doing these things leaves me empty and unsatisfied. It leaves me wanting something deeper, something more. Have you ever felt like that? For me, it feels like God has to bring me back to those moments once in a while to humble me and remind me that He is in charge. Not me.
I once listened to a sermon by Ravi Zacharias about setting boundaries for yourself- just like Daniel and his friends did when they were taken to Babylon. Sometimes setting these boundaries are hard and painful. Sometimes it means not always being "caught up" with the latest fashion, books or movies. This is something I have to work on myself. Guarding our eyes and ears and hearts is so important, y'all! Because once you hear something, or see something you can almost never take that out of your heart that God wants you to keep holy for Him! I know that there are some things I wish I didn't see or hear, but I try my best to keep those thoughts aside and keep my thoughts on things Above. It's a struggle that some of us have daily. But God uses these things to mold us, and shape us into that beautiful person He wants us to become. Which, of course, leads us right back to what? Letting God!
 
I thought I would share a poem that I first heard shared by Ravi Zacharias. It goes like this...
 
When God wants to drill a man,
And thrill a man,
And skill a man
When God wants to mold a man
To play the noblest part;
When He yearns with all His heart
To create so great and bold a man
That all the world shall be amazed,
Watch His methods, watch His ways!
How He ruthlessly perfects
Whom He royally elects!
How He hammers him and hurts him,
And with mighty blows converts him
Into trial shapes of clay which
Only God understands;
While his tortured heart is crying
And he lifts beseeching hands!
How He bends but never breaks
When his good He undertakes;
How He uses whom He chooses,
And which every purpose fuses him;
By every act induces him
To try His splendor out-
God knows what He’s about.
 
I'm going to leave you with that for right now. But if you have some time today, take a few minutes to ask God to lead your life....He always knows best!
 


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. That was really good to hear, Ashley. I totally agree about setting boundaries in things, especially when it comes to being a Christian. Looking forward to your next post!
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing! I really like that poem. :)
    Blessings,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete

So what do you think? I love to hear from you!

// become a fan //