Polka Dots + Denim

10:57 AM


Hey y'all! I'm sharing my first outfit with a denim skirt today! Denim skirts are now one of my "must haves" in my wardrobe. For those young gals who want to be modest, pulling on a denim skirt instead of jeans is a great way to go!


I actually got this skirt from my local thrift shop. It was in an amazing condition so I was so excited when I found it! I've had denim skirts before, but when I grew out of them I just never had time to get some new ones. Finally- I got some.
*secret secret* I am actually in the process of sewing my own denim skirt right now. It's right below the knees, so great for warmer days or leggings! I am super excited about it, but  since it is my first sewing project ever, so I will be very surprised if it actually turns out nice. ;)
 

 
//outfit details//
Denim Skirt: Thrift Store
Polka Dot Top: Garage Sale
Black Shirt: Wet Seal
Ring: Icing
Shoes: Gift  
 
 What about you? Do you enjoy wearing denim skirts? Are you interested in sewing one yourself?


 

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Aren't denim skirts fabulous? I love them! They go with everything! I'm also loving that shirt you're wearing! Looking lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best on your sewing project! It would be hard to catch me wearing anything other than a denim skirt I've sewn myself, as it's very difficult for me to find skirts I like unless I make them. Sewing itself is a bit of a headache for me as I seem to take out more stitches than I put in (is that possible?) but it's worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love denim skirts. I haven't attempted sewing one yet because I'm almost finished with another skirt. Your denim skirt looks so good with red. And, like I've said before, I LOVE your hair down!!
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  4. It doesn't really go well with the shirt

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going around to spread awareness of this great Christian movie coming out. PLEASE go to aloneyetnotalone.com and read about the movie. Not many movies have the spiritual focus this does.

    The unofficial AYNA liaison

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sweet girl,

    I love your denim skirt. I forgot when I wear last time a denim skirt, but remember that when was a teenager was a denim skirt lover :)

    Have a nice weekend darling
    Much love
    Liuba G
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Polka dots are my fav! And I have recently started sewing: http://pictureperphect.wordpress.com/2014/05/12/sewing/ =)
    And, I heart denim skirts. <3 :)
    http://livingasmodestgirls.wordpress.com/2014/05/12/purple-and-denim-2/
    LOVE your outfit!

    ReplyDelete

So what do you think? I love to hear from you!

// become a fan //