My Thoughts | Choosing Carefully

8:35 AM


Hey y'all! Another My Thoughts post is here! Before I start the whole discussion (;D), I'd like to ask y'all to drop an idea for "My Thoughts" in the comments. I normally have something to talk about, because you know me, I love to talk- but I want to make sure that I am actually chit chatting about something that can relate to you all, so I'm not talking to myself. You know what I mean? So, if you have any ideas, please let me know!
 
Anywho, "choosing carefully" has been on my heart today. In one of my devotions, I read this verse from Proverbs that says: "The one who has knowledge chooses his words carefully, and whoever has understanding is even-tempered." This really spoke to my heart, because we so easily say hurtful things that first, we can never take back and second, are displeasing to God. I started wondering, if we claim to be Christians and live with Christ why do we often use slang language, "Oh my God", or other foul words? Why do we easily lower our standards and begin talking like the world at times? I try to measure if something is right or wrong by asking myself this, "If Jesus Christ, my Savior, was in the room right now, would I say, think or do this?" If my answer is no or if I am doubtful about it, I stay away from whatever that 'thing' is.
The Bible talks about "choosing carefully" quite a bit; if you'd like to check out some more verses about that you can start by reading Proverbs 12:26. Of course, words are not the only thing we have to choose carefully. Friends, the steps we are taking in our lives...should all be thought over and prayed about. What about clothing? When we walk into our favorite store, what boundaries are we using or being guided by? Your own? Your parents'? Your friends'? The culture? Hollywood? The Bible's?
When someone firsts sees you, the first thing he/she will judge you by is you outer appearance. I know that I do that. If I saw a gal wearing the tightest top with the shortest skirt, "Godly Christian" are not the first words that come to mind. But if I saw a young woman in a longer skirt with a beautiful high neckline blouse, "Modesty and Godly" is something that runs through my head. In a leadership conference I once attended, I went to this class called "7 seconds can change your life". At first I was confused about the name of the class, but the woman who was teaching the class said this: "Whenever you meet someone for the first time, it takes that person 7 seconds to decide what they think about you and to make an opinion about who you are." When someone meets me for the first time, I want that person to see a Godly young girl- nothing else.
 
What about you? If someone were to meet you for the first time, what could they say about you in 7 seconds? How are you choosing your clothing and words?

I hope this post was encouraging to y'all! And if I ever need to hush up a bit, y'all be sure to tell me! Have a lovely rest of your day, everyone!



You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. What a sweetie you are :) I love you and I love your ideas/words/thoughts :)
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us!!!
    God bless you and keep being sweet and nice with others!
    Much love and care,
    Liuba G
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! I am wondering that you were writing comments to each others in the same time :))
    You are a sweetie, thank you loveeeeeee for your love and that you like reading my posts!
    Much loveeeeeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...Liuba, we probably were! Thank you so much for your lovely comments! <3

      Delete
  3. Don't hush up Ashley! This was a great post! I needed some encouragement to be, well, more encouraging towards others with my words. :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting post indeed! I think that is why people should not be quick to judge others on appearance especially, you might never know what they are really like!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice post Ashley! I loved reading through it! Hmm... as for "My Thoughts" post ideas (which I really enjoy!) I think talking about makeup would be interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the posts. The My Thoughts posts are the best! Maybe, since this is a modest fashion blog, you could pick an article of clothing to talk about and how you make it stay modest…if that makes sense? :)

    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Kathryn! That is a great idea...so you mean like taking, oh let's say, a dress that is not exactly modest and giving ideas on how to make it modest? :)

      Thank you Laura for your suggestion as well! I just might do that!

      Delete
    2. Yeah, that's right. Thank you for responding so quickly!

      Kathryn

      Delete
  7. I love your My Thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The person who sees me will say that i am so jolly type and talk more. That is the compliment given to me by many people. I love your thoughts! That's real. We first say the dirty words which cannot be taken and then realize it later!

    ReplyDelete
  9. u always look like a crab when you styling. Cheer up!

    ReplyDelete

So what do you think? I love to hear from you!

// become a fan //