Your Questions | My Answers

8:06 AM


Hey y'all! I hope you are all having a splendid morning today! I received so many awesome questions, and I'm really excited to answer them!

Brittany asked: How long have you been playing the piano?

I have been playing the piano for about 8-9 years....and I love it!
Brittany asked:  Do you sing too?
 
Yes, I do sing. I sing mostly with my sister in a "duet".
Brittany asked: Is there a website place where I can hear your music?
We don't have an official website, but my sister runs a blog about our music. Feel free to check it out!

Naomi asked: How many houses have you lived in?
Wow, this is a harder one. I have moved a lot. If I were to count all the houses from when I was born till here I would have to say about 5.
Naomi asked: Did you consider your self immodest before you started dressing like you do now?
I wouldn't say that I was actually immodest, but that is mostly because my parents wouldn't allow it. But, to be honest, I did have tendencies to wear things that leaned toward being too short too tight and so on....
Amanda asked: What is your favorite things to do?
I have lots of hobbies but if I were to pick only one thing, I would have to make it performing. But blogging, playing the piano, spending time outdoors with my animals are also on the list!
Anonymous asked: Do you like camo?
I'm not crazy about camo, but I think it's a really fun "design/pattern" to wear at times.
Kathryn asked: Do you get comments from people because you do not wear long skirts all the time and you do wear leggings a lot in the winter??
Hm...not really. I know that there are some who prefer to stay away from leggings in general and stick with long skirts and dresses, but I've never really gotten any bad feedback before. (Kathryn, if you feel like I didn't answer that question fully or the way you would've liked, just let me know!)
Kathryn asked: Do your modesty standards line up with your parents' and church's ideas or do you have your own convictions?
Yes and no. First off, based on my church's standards, my modesty ideas are fully my own.  But when we look at it "side by side" with my parents'- yes and no. My parents always taught me and encouraged me to dress modestly, but some of my own modesty standards, they never asked of me to do. I think that it started from them saying, "Ashley, I think that dress is a little short." or "Ashley, I think those pants are a little too tight", but then as I grew, I personally saw the need for modesty and made my own guidelines. =D (And my guidelines, of course, are still checked by my parents)
Paige asked: What does a typical day look like for you?
I'm assuming this is about what I do during the day...Well, it's pretty hectic. Most of the time, my family and I will start off with Bible reading and prayer then we'll all head to our own "work" (or school...) Throughout the day, I need to mix in about two hours of piano practicing and, at times, performing practice and rehearsals into a busy school schedule. On weekends, I mostly work on finishing up homework.
Laura asked: What is your favorite color?
Pink and lime green. I also like the neon colors!
Laura asked: How do you usually wear your hair? 
Normally my hair will either be in a fun messy bun or pulled back pony tail. During the day, I just like to have it up and out of my way! (Especially since it's so long...:P)
Laura asked: What do you dream of doing after you graduate?
I'm not 100% sure. My dream careers have changed over the years, and they're still being thought over. I guess it's wherever the Lord wants to take me. I will be finishing my high school years pretty early, so I'm hoping to do maybe 4 years of Piano and Music and maybe another 4 years of....something else! (I'm thinking like a nurse, physical therapist, at a point I was thinking lawyer! Really scattered right now!)
Laura asked: What do you think about courtship/dating?
I'm with the Duggars on this one. ;) I believe that courtship/dating should be kept into you are seriously thinking about getting married. So, for my own life, I don't want to start dating until after I finish high-school and most of (if not all) college.
Laura asked: What denomination of church do you go to?
Baptist!
Laura asked: What is your favorite thing to wear?
I would have to go with maxis!
Laura asked: What are your hobbies?
I sort of touched on this before, but I think I would say performing, blogging, biking, cooking, baking and fashion!

Natalie asked: Do you knit, crochet, or sew?

No, not really. I would love to learn how to sew and make my own clothes, but right now I'm not very talented in those ways. I know....it's sad!
Thank you all so much for these awesome questions! I hope I was able to answer all of them without being too confusing or all over the place! If I missed one of your questions, please let me know! Have a lovely day, everyone!

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. Ah, this was a fun read! You are such a busy girl! I love animals! What kinds of pets/animals do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sara! =D I have 5 pygmy goats and I don't know how many chickens (I think its about 18). At a point I had over 18 bunnies as well, and those were fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowww love this post!! Have read it with pleasure! I will definitely check out your sister's blog! You are a blessed and busy girl :)
    Much love
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for answering my questions Ashley!

    Kathryn

    P.S. I'm with the Duggars on courting too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post! Q&A's are always fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was really interesting Ashley! :) It sounds like your days are full.
    I checked out the blog your sister runs...I had no idea you two were such musicians! :D Also, I thought you were actually older than 12. Heh heh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was so fun! Thanks for answering our questions! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoyed learning more about you! By the way I nominated you for the Liebster Award; if you want to participate be sure to check out my post!
    ~Sarah~
    http://allthingsvintage-sc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, Sarah! That is so sweet! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ashley, I just have been watching some of you and your sister's videos today and I love them! I also noticed that you perform a lot at the Arlene Schnitzer Hall--do you live in Portland, Ore.? If so, I only live about two hours away from you!

    charmant

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can I add another question?

    This is kinda dumb, but do you milk your goats?

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not a dumb question at all, Sara! We don't milk our goats, they're more like pets! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for taking the time to answer, Ashley!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete

So what do you think? I love to hear from you!

// become a fan //