What You Wore | Amanda

8:49 AM


Hey everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful Easter celebrating the resurrection of our Lord. Today, I will be starting a new "series" called What You Wore. So pretty much, I'll be sharing wonderful outfits from my followers. If you are interested in participating in this, please let me know! Today, Amanda from South Kakalaki Girl will be sharing her awesome outfit with us!


Hi!  My name is Amanda, and I am a crazy fun 14 year old.  I love peanut butter, Sprite, and Moose Tracks ice-cream.  But two of my most favorite things in the whole entire world are writing and graphic design.




I have been writing for a long time.  The first story I remember writing was a story about a girl who was kidnapped by a dragon and her prince had to save her.  I wrote it on loose-leaf paper with a green pen; I remember my hand hurt so badly after I wrote the story.  I was so proud of myself because the story was “so long.”  I even drew little illustrations!  
Today, I am trying to write longer stories.  I have finally finished a story that seems to be a real keeper!  I hope to be a published author someday.


 I first started doing graphic design around December of 2011.  The first thing I created was a vine.  That vine is now a part of a logo for a newsletter that I own.  I love graphic design because there is a wonderful thrill about looking at a blank art board and then, a couple hours or days later, you have a fantastic piece of art that you can do countless things with.  It just gives me such a thrill, I know I was meant to be a graphics design artist. :)


I mentioned my newsletter a paragraph ago.  I started the newsletter, South Kakalaki Girl, in at the end of 2011.  My friend had given the idea by asking me, “Have you ever made a magazine before?”  The idea for the SKG had been floating around in my head for a while, but her statement really made me start thinking about it.  There is such a need for good reading material in this world . . . After girls graduate from American Girl Magazine and Nancy Drew novels, they move into a violent and dirty genre of magazines and books.  I don’t want to look at that stuff, and I am sure that a lot of other girls don’t want to either.  So I created the SKG for young Christian girls to enjoy.  You can check our super-fun website out at www.southkakalakigirl.com.  
Oh, that ring in the picture above was my great-grandmother’s ring. It is a class-ring from 1943.  It is so neat!  I wear it all the time and hardly ever take it off.


I love textures.  From washed out denim to a grungy brick, don’t be surprised if you see me taking close-up pictures of weird objects.  I love looking at things up close; studying the delicate and yet powerful indentations in a piece of wood, the sharp grain on bricks, the moss growing happily on a dirty wall . . . I just love it!
I hope you enjoyed my outfit!
Smiles, 
Amanda
Thank you so much, Amanda, for sharing your lovely outfit with us! I just love your denim jacket- so cute!
If you would like to guest in Like No Other: What You Wore, please let me know! (You can contact me through the contact page) Also, before I go, if you didn't get a chance to ask me a question or thought of one more thing you'd like to ask, you can still do that here. I'll be posting the questions and answers very soon! Thank you all so much!!

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Hi Ashley! This is an awesome post. Here's my question for your Q&A:Do you knit, crochet, or sew?
    God Bless,
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are beautiful, Amanda!! I love denim jackets! <3 =)
    Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute outfit Amanda! :D
    Ashley, this looks like a fun series. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh I like it! Very creative outfit--and that denim jacket is lovely :) I need to look for a dark wash denim jacket..........

    charmant

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice idea!!! Love her boots :)
    Happy Easter and stay blessed by God!!!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That very immodest!

    ReplyDelete

So what do you think? I love to hear from you!

// become a fan //