Finding Hope | Summer Dress

7:12 PM


Hey y'all! I can't believe what beautiful weather God is blessing us with. Today, Oregon hit 85 degrees! I couldn't wait to soak up all the sun I could. As soon as I knew how warm it would be, I knew I wanted to wear a summer dress....Here's what I came up with!  
 
 

Today, I thought I would share what I've been going through and just some things I've been learning. I guess you could say that I was going through the times "when you feel totally discouraged and you want to give up on everything and walk away". (Pretty complicated. I know.) My life is pretty hectic right now, and let me tell you, I cannot wait until May is over and summer vacation begins. So many competitions, exams, assignments and just a whole lot of work I desperately try to complete each day. And sometimes, I just feel like I can't do it. I find myself wanting to explode and burst in to tears. Have you ever felt that way?
Well, even in times like these when we humans feel like the tasks we are wanting to tackle are near impossible, God reminds us to fully commit ourselves to Him and just trust Him. I was reminded over the verse from Matthew 19:26 that says, "And looking at them Jesus said to them, 'With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.'" I found so much encouragement in knowing that yes- by myself, I probably won't be able to accomplish all that I have to. But if God gives me the strength I need, I know he will make it possible.
 
 
So maybe you are in a time right now, where you are stuck and don't know what to do, just run to God! He will always help you out if you call out to Him. Just like the Psalmist says in Psalm 46- "God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble."
 
 
Dress: Macy's
Cardigan: Macy's
Shoes: ??? (Kohl's? Marshalls?)
Ring: Local Jewelry Shop
 
 
Hope y'all enjoyed this post! What encourages you when you go through stormy times?
 
 
 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. You my sweet little doll!!! I love the verse you wrote!!! For Him all things are possible :)
    I also sometimes getting sad and cannot find any solutions, but with our Beloved Lord I becoming strong and going ahead more motivated :)
    Much loveee sweetie
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I am in a hard time, I like to pray and sing. I love old hymns especially, "The Shelter in the Time of Storm" "Stand by Me" and "God Will Take Care of You". The inspiration of the writers to write these songs really inspires me.

    Thanks for this post, Ashley!
    Kathryn B.

    ReplyDelete

So what do you think? I love to hear from you!

// become a fan //