Habakkuk// in Purple, White + Black

2:05 PM

Hey y'all! I hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday, enjoying the Lord. Today, I would like to share a bit about the sermon I heard this morning, along with my outfit. =)
Today's sermon came from Habakkuk (mainly chapter 1:1-4). My pastor "labeled" Habakkuk's chapters like this:
 
  1.  When we worry (Chapter 1)
  2.  When God Answers us (Chapter 2)
  3.  When we worship God (Chapter 3)
 
 He continued to show and explain the questions Habakkuk asked in the first chapter.
 
  • Why doesn't God listen to my cry? (Chapter 1, Verse 2)
  • Why doesn't God save us? (Verse 2)
  • Why does God allow injustice? (Verse3)
  • Why does God tolerate injustice? (Verse 3)



Habakkuk was troubled, wondering if God was aware of the injustice and evil going on around him. In verses 2 and 3 Habakkuk says:
" How long, LORD, must I call for help,
   but you do not listen?
Or cry out to you, “Violence!”
   but you do not save?
3 Why do you make me look at injustice?
   Why do you tolerate wrongdoing?
Destruction and violence are before me;
   there is strife, and conflict abounds."
 
 

Many times when we are in a difficult situation and we cry out to God, we expect God to answer right away; but sometimes the Lord will wait to show us what He has in plan for our lives. My pastor shared this great poem:
 
"If the request is wrong, God says: No
If the timing is wrong, God says: Slow
If you are wrong, God says: Grow
But if you, the request and the timing are right, God says: Go!"
 
This sermon was very encouraging to me because many times I really do find myself expecting God to answer my prayers when I want it and how I want it. But I was reminded to trust the Lord and to remember that He knows best!
Now, my outfit. I really wanted to wear something that would work with the knitted cardigan, so I chose to go really simple- black skirt and purple shirt. I love wearing this black maxi skirt because it is so comfy, and since it has a longer length, I can be totally free in it!
 
 
Black Maxi: Macy's
Purple Shirt: Macy's
Knitted Cardigan: Hand-me-down
Shoes: Hand-me-down
 
 
I hope y'all were encouraged by this sermon and I hope everyone will have an awesome week!
 
 

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. You have such a cute sense of style, Ashley! I love your knitted cardigan - I'd like to make one like it someday. :) And your shoes are adorable too! I really like your blog! :) Thanks for all your kind comments on mine!
    ~Callie
    www.creationsbycallie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maxie skirts . . . gotta love 'em! :) I have a really fun lace maxi skirt.

    ReplyDelete

So what do you think? I love to hear from you!

// become a fan //