God's Answers//in Yellow + Brown

6:59 PM

Hey y'all! I hope all of you are had a wonderful Sunday! I'd like to share with you a little summary on today's sermon from the book of Habakkuk. A couple weeks ago, my church began a sermon series circled around Habakkuk. These sermons have already been so eye-opening and encouraging for my spiritual life and understanding. Today's sermon was entitled "When God's Answers Don't Make Sense." Habakkuk asked God about the trouble the Israelites were going through, but when God answered, it wasn't exactly what Habakkuk wanted or expected. (If you'd like to scan over the reading passage that came from Habakkuk 1, feel free to click here.)
 

 
Our pastor asked us the thought-provoking question, "Are you experiencing God's hand of discipline in your life?".  Even though at times we misunderstand God's discipline as rejection, God actually shows us grace by disciplining us to prevent sin, correct sin and/or instruct us. God's discipline is an act of love towards us.
 
As we studied more, we began to see how Judah fell into the hands of the Chaldeans. Because Judah did not fear God, they would soon began to fear man.
 
 
Even though the Chaldeans (also known as the Babylonians)  were a pagan empire, the Lord used them to discipline and judge the Israelites. Habakkuk was doubtful and questioned God by saying, "Your eyes are too pure to look on evil; you cannot tolerate wrong doing. Why then do you tolerate the treacherous? Why are you silent while the wicked swallow up those more righteous than themselves?" (Chapter 1:13).
 
Our pastor shared a quote by Os Guinness that says "Find out how seriously a believer takes his doubts and you have an index of how seriously a believer takes his faith." We should believe that God is in control of our lives and well-being even when we are in trials or are being disciplined by The Lord. 
 
I hope that was encouraging to you and I pray that if you're going through a trial or challenging time in your life, you'll realize you're not alone- God is there with you and He cares and loves you! 
 
Anywho, let's take a look at my outfit. Today I wore a brown peasant skirt with a bright yellow top. Because it is slowly beginning to warm up here in Oregon, I didn't want to bundle up too well, so I chose a thinner cardigan. The skirt I'm wearing here is one of my favorites. Many  of you probably don't know this, but this skirt (and a skirt almost identical to this one that I'm wearing in this outfit) are actually dresses turned into skirts. These dresses were some of my favorites, so when they became to small- no problem! I turned them into skirts. 
 
 
Yellow top (came with belt): Macy's
Skirt: Previously a dress, Old Navy (Gap?)
Cardigan: ????
Shoes: Thrift Store
 
Hope y'all have a fabulous week!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Beautiful outfit, Ashley! I loved your sermon summary, too! God bless,
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely message, Ashley. I love your outfit..especially those shoes. I was just curious, what thrift store to you normally shop in? I noticed you often have things from thrift shops and stuff. =]

    Megan H.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Megan! Glad you enjoyed this post...My favorite thrift store would have to be Salvation Army. I probably shop there the most. I also like stopping by several other little local consignment shops as well!

      Ashley Bleoaja

      Delete
  3. I love this post! It is very encouraging! Your outfit is adorable and I do the same thing with my dresses. They make perfect skirts! I've gotten so I hate to throw out anything because I think I could repurpose it! :)

    ReplyDelete

So what do you think? I love to hear from you!

// become a fan //