The Reason Behind it All.....

5:54 PM


Hey everyone! I thought I'd share with you the reason behind why I chose to dress modestly and start blogging. To tell you the truth, at the beginning I never wanted to dress modestly. I thought it would be easier and more fun to dress up however I wanted, no matter how short the skirt or how low the shirt's cut. And, you know? It probably would be easier. But I chose to dress modestly because I chose to try to model Christ.
 
When I was younger, my dream job was to become a model. But one day my mom said that I could be a model. Modeling Christ. I thought about that for a long time, and one day God really touched my heart and I decided that is what I want to do. Model Christ. I'm only beginning my journey, but I decided to blog so I could share my journey with you. As girls and women who strive to serve the Lord, the world and its definitions for "style" and "fashion" can be a huge temptation. We will most likely fail. I know I fail. Some days when I wake up, I feel so discouraged I want to just quit and give up. But by the grace of God, I am able to find strength to put myself together and move on.
 
 
To me modesty is not only "how I dress up"; it's who I represent. Many people place an opinion on others by their outer appearance and how they are dressed. If I am wearing clothes that are provocative and revealing, I know that I am instantly sending the wrong idea. Christ calls us to be the salt and light of the world. Matthew 5:13-16 says:

 
 13 “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.

14 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.
 

I pray that God will be able to use me as a vessel to lead others to the truth of the gospel through my behavior, actions, words and outfits. I'm probably going to mess up a thousand more times, but I know that as long as I keep my focus on serving Christ in humility, kindness and love, I'll be happy knowing that I'm doing the right thing!
 
I thank God every day for allowing me to be born in a family who knows and honors Him, and for showing me His grace and mercy. God's blessings to me (probably to all of us) are so much more then we will ever deserve!
 
Hope y'all will have an awesome rest of your week!
 
P.S- Before I go, I found this song by one of my favorite Christian artists, Kari Jobe. It is a mix between Be Still My Soul and In You I Rest. This song has been so encouraging I thought I'd share it with you!
 






You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Wow, very inspirational and heartwarming. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

So what do you think? I love to hear from you!

// become a fan //