Friday Night Out

10:40 AM

Howdy everyone! I had a very pleasant evening last night with my family. It was just my mom, sister and myself, so it felt like a "girls night out". So blessed! ♥

I wore a purple peasant skirt with a plain brown top. The red-burgundy scarf is very special to me because my Auntie Carmen made it for me one year for Christmas. It became my favorite scarf ever since!

I was having a tough time deciding what to wear with that skirt. Normally, I like to have a little sparkle or sequences in my tops; but it seems like my creativity was low, and I couldn't put an outfits together! Yikes! Decided to drop the sparkle idea and go plain instead. :)




After some shopping and eating out, we went to Friday Fellowship at our church. The sermon was so touching and inspiring in my Christian life. The speaker talked about the calling we receive from Jesus Christ. We all studied Nehemiah, and looked at Nehemiah's love and desire to serve his fellow brothers. It really stirred in me a question, "Am I willing to serve and get out of my comfort zone to benefit others?" He continued to explain how Nehemiah went to God for solutions and help in his problems, not to the world around him. 



What did y'all do last night? Looking forward to a relaxing weekend?

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Hi Ashley! It's Julionna aka Jewls.:) I love the design for your blog it is very pretty! By the way, cute outfit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, Ashley! (This is Sarra, btw...:)
    I love your outfit, and I am SOOO looking forward to this blog!
    Btw, how'd you design your blog? It's SOOO awesome...I wish I could design like that. :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ashley! Thanks for the link to your blog, I'm glad I came across it! Very lovely blog, its awesome! I also love your blog post, very encouraging and great outfit on you! :) I love the scarf!

    ~Riarna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley,
    thanks for commenting on my blog! I hope you'll visit again soon!
    Thanks for letting me know about your blog-it's very nice! I look forward to more cute outfits like this one! Although it is strange for me to see you wearing long sleeves AND going barefoot! ;) I live in Montana, it's like 20 deg outside currently! LOL!
    Natasha
    A Modest Fashion Blog:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ashley,
    Thanks for commenting on my blog! How'd find it? =)
    Your ruffle-y scarf is so cute...

    ReplyDelete

So what do you think? I love to hear from you!

// become a fan //